The competitive environment is not only an opportunity but it can also represent a threat to any company. Brand Commitment (BCO) is a comprehensive and flexible tool that very simply measures the psychological links between customers / users and brand, product or service. This model allows us to estimate the possible brand potential and to predict the risk of leaving to other brands.
Essentials of the BCO model
- Brand purchase and usage, attitudes to the entire brands portfolio
- Satisfaction with the used brand
- The importance of the corresponding product category
- Brand image
Six customers clusters
- Committed users buy the client´s brand only (i.e. exclusively) and are even willing to go to another store in order to get it. They are much less sensitive to competitors brands communication and vice versa they strongly perceive the communication of “their“ brand.
- Inclined users are committed to a defined portfolio of brands including also the tested brand, but the choice between these brands is impulsive; product category is important to them.
- Users at risk buy client´s brand but it is only one of several options for them; the product category and its branding has a low importance for them.
- Searching non-users know client´s brand, but they don´t buy it for various reasons; however, they have a positive relationship to it and are not committed to any other.
- Unavailable non-users are committed to another brand; they know client´s brand, but do not use it and have a negative relationship to it.
- Uninformed non-users do not know the tested brand.
Brand Commitment model offers more than just a consumer typology. One simple figure – The commitment index – represents attitudes across the whole category. When comparing these figures to the available benchmarks, the client can easily see the performance of the own brands within the product category on a particular market or in a specific target group.
Many years of experience in the consumer behavior analysis allows us to precisely define the key attributes of the brand. Brand Commitment model describes brand´s market position, modernity, likeability, popularity, quality, value for money, taste or feeling that it inspires, and respect for the environment. The analysis shows not only the differences between the brands themselves, but between the consumer clusters as well.
BCO model helps:
- prevent users from leaving the brand…
- on the contrary … maximize its potential,
- optimize marketing costs, especially diminish the useless communication with unavailable customers,
- identify strengths and weaknesses in the brand perception in comparison with another brands.
Brand Commitment defines exactly how consumers perceive the brand and how to reach each target group. BCO model helps streamline communication and improve the return on marketing investment.
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CONTACT: